March 16, 2012

Day 32: Hot Chocolate

I'm really cranking now.  

This morning I took Lily out to breakfast.  Just the two of us.  What a treat, to watch my daughter and just be with her and be happy.  We had fun.  She had pancakes, I eggs.  When I ordered coffee I decided to order her a hot chocolate.  Its been well over a month now since I made her a cup and she's been asking for one.  On cold days this winter it was a tool to help get her outside to play in the snow. 

She drank about 10 sips, loving each one and licking her lips with little half grins of pleasure.  There was a giant mug leftover.  In my former life I would have enjoyed adding half of it to my coffee.  Frankly, I would have just enjoyed drinking the rest!  But I would have felt guilty and shame that I am not good enough, thin enough, perfect enough.  Enough!  It felt good to walk away from that table, hand in hand with my daughter, feeling proud of myself.  Take that sugar!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment