I am doing great! No sugar cravings whatsoever. My thoughts have been mostly positive and my mood even. I know the two are linked. I just watched a number of TED talks and enjoyed broadening my horizons. One talk specifically was about vulnerability. Essentially, there is a direct link between human connection (which makes us all thrive) and vulnerability. We are naturally drawn to people who admit their faults and find it natural to show their vulnerable side. It is safe to be with such people. It was motivation for me to continue this journey by allowing the curtain around me to fall away. See me for who I am.
This morning my children were snacking while I drove them into town mid morning. Lily was eating peanuts and raisins. The smell of this combination slammed into me like a ton of bricks. I must preface this by saying I have a terrible sense of smell. I can't even tell when Otto has a dirty diaper and often ask Lily to sniff and provide the report. On top of that I have a cold, so it is miraculous I could smell anything at all. While passing the Shell station in a sideways sleet/snow I was convinced she was eating peanut butter chocolate girl scout cookies. They used to be called tagalongs. They were my favorite.
My thoughts about tagalong cookies were not in any way a craving. I still felt full from breakfast and didn't have any desire for chocolate or cookies. But why was my mind associating the combination of raisins and peanuts with a cookie? The conclusion I came to is that I am already becoming desensitized to sweets. So much so that "healthy" sweets, like raisins, are taking on aromatic, indulgent smells. Oh, if only my theory were true!
Fuzzy teeth still. Yuck!
No comments:
Post a Comment