April 6, 2012

My First Sweet

 I had my first sweet treat in almost two months.  We were on vacation in Arizona and decided as a family to go get ice cream cones.  It wasn't the Jackson town square (as specified in my "rules" on the About page of this blog) but it was the spirit of the family outing that made me decide to partake.  Yum.  Chocolate ice cream.  One scoop on a cake cone.  Yum. Yum. Yum.  I had no guilt about eating this ice cream cone and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I especially enjoyed watching my children enjoy their treats.
But the next day I was sad that I had broken my streak.  I could no longer post on Facebook (if I wanted to) that I'd gone 2 months without sugar.  In the end I was glad I had the ice cream cone and took the less extreme road.  Life is about moderation after all.  Maybe I'm slowly retraining myself to be able to enjoy treats without guilt and emotion involved?  This one cone didn't seem to affect my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment